To assist in the daily running of the Buying department and to provide administrative and productive operational support to the Buying Supervisor to ensure maximum efficiency and accuracy and to assist the Buying Supervisor when needed.
- To assist the manager in sourcing new products from suppliers and adding to ranges making sure all related products are available.
- To assist the Supervisor with stock range housekeeping – addition and discontinuation of new/old codes.
- Make sure that new products have been added onto the website and are represented correctly with correct related products and categories.
- Working alongside the Buying Supervisor and undertaking adhoc projects.
- Helping arrange meetings and correspondence with suppliers.
- Communicating stock information interdepartmentally where applicable with the direction of the Buying Supervisor.
- To check incoming emails from the suppliers and make sure that they are answered accordingly.
- To answer incoming Buying calls.
- Ad Hoc assistance within the Buying department as directed by the Supervisor.
- Creating new stock records accurately and quickly.
You are ultimately accountable to the Buying Supervisor who will ensure you receive optimal training and support in order to undertake your role.
- A good college standard of education; A level, GNVQ or NVQ equivalent
- Good presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organisational skills
- Good IT skills, including word-processing, PowerPoint, and Excel spreadsheets
- Ability to use ACCESS extensively, or willingness to learn
- Ability to prioritise, work under pressure and to meet strict deadlines
- Good numeracy skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Confident and professional telephone manner
- An excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office products eg Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Understanding of purchasing procedures
- Purchasing or accounts experience internally or externally
- Full UK driving licence
- Well-developed communication skills.
- Personable, friendly and approachable.
- The ability to liaise confidently with other departments and external suppliers in a professional manner.
- Ability to work independently on own initiative and also to contribute as part of a team.
- Ability to get on well with a wide variety of people.
£17,550 per annum. Holiday:
28 days including statutory holidays when the business is closed. Application:
Cover letter outlining essential criteria evidence and current CV to Nicola Wright. Closing date:
Friday 10th August 2018.
Medisave also have apprenticeship vacancies available in Customer Service Level 2 and Level 3, Business Administration Level 2 and Level 3 and AAT Level 2 and Level 3.
Application: Download our application form HERE
Return by email only to Nicola Wright: firstname.lastname@example.org