3M Health Care Academy Training App
Unlock your premium mobile education...
Purchase a 3M Littmann Stethoscope from Medisave and get the full app FREE! (worth £48.99)
- Buy any stethoscope from the following ranges:
- Install the free app on your iPhone or Android phone from the App Store or Google Play.
- Use the serial number of your stethoscope to unlock the full, premium content!
3M™ Littmann® Learning App
Test. Learn. This unique and interactive educational app allows healthcare professionals to apply their auscultation skills to a library of clinical scenarios. All accessible from the palm of your hand.
Developed by 3M’s Litmann® Stethoscope business in collaboration with the 3M Health Care Academy, this comprehensive training programme contains real sounds and patient assessments based on genuine patient histories and tests. Track your progress as you learn and test yourself against best practice using a range of heart and lung sounds. Then apply your knowledge to a variety of patient simulations.
The 3M Littmann Learning App is useful whether you’re at the start of your career or nearing the top of your profession and wanting to refresh your knowledge. It can be used by both 3M Littmann Stethoscope owners and those who use a different brand of stethoscope.
The 3M Littmann Learning App includes a range of learning modules:
- Introduction to auscultation best practice education.
- Access to a library of 10 heart sounds.
- One sample test module.
- One patient assessment.
Premium content can be accessed through an inApp purchase or by entering the Serial Number on your 3M Littmann Stethoscope (applies to purchases on or after 16 July 2015). Only valid for serial numbers supplied with selected 3M Littmann Stethoscope products purchased through an Authorised 3M Littmann Distributor during promotional periods.
- Building and assessing background knowledge.
- Background education: Normal and abnormal cardiac and respiratory medicine auscultatory sounds with animations and imagery.
- Knowledge check: 25 multiple choice questions on auscultation technique and sound formation.
Cardiology training and testing
- Listen: 10 cardiac auscultations with associated heart sounds. These include multiple-choice tests with scoring and feedback.
- Test: 13 cardiology assessments in a practical examination style. These include genuine patient histories and sounds. Test yourself against multiple-choice questions with feedback.
- Learn: 10 cardiology assessments in a guided assessment style (at bedside/in clinic). These include genuine patient histories, real auscultation sounds and ECG’s.
Respiratory training and testing
- Listen: 10 pulmonary auscultations with associated lung sounds. These include genuine patient histories and sounds. Test yourself against multiple-choice questions with feedback
- Test: 10 respiratory medicine patient assessments in a practical examination style. These include genuine patient histories and sounds. Test yourself against multiple-choice questions with feedback.
- Learn: 10 respiratory medicine assessments in a guided assessment style (at bedside/in clinic). These include associated patient histories, auscultation sounds and chest x-rays.
Important information: The audio quality of the sounds played through a computer, tablet or smartphone device may not be a faithful representation of the actual sounds heard on auscultation. This is due to the acoustical performance of sound cards, their associated drivers, or the frequency response of the headphones or speakers used. Therefore there is a possibility that the user may not be able to fully hear all clinically relevant sounds.
Disclaimer: Whilst based on genuine patient histories, all patients represented in this educational package are fictitious and any similarity with persons past or present is purely coincidental. For educational purposes only.
If you already own a Littmann stethoscope you can still access the premium content from within the App at a cost of £48.99.